A Blackboard review is being conducted during the Spring 2016 semester. The process includes:
- Convening of a core group of individuals who make use of Blackboard. This includes reps from the faculty, ResEd, Deans Offices, Athletics and students:
- Allison Gallaher, Ben Kuperman, Bill Denneen, Chester Andrews, Liz Clerking, Jan Cooper, Jason Hudson, Martin Hundley, Pam Snyder, Steven Wojtal, Zeb Page, Rebecca Mosely, Al Porterfield, Robert Thompson, Albert Borroni, Megan Mitchell
- Development and deployment of a survey to assess usage, satisfaction and needs (week of Feb. 22nd, 2016).
- development in Qualtrics
- advertising via posters, image/notice in Blackboard and email
- Analysis of survey data and review by committee 3/31/16
- Reconvening the group to convey information from survey and Blackboard analytics
- focus groups to address outstanding questions
- Scheduling vendor demonstrations for Schoology, Canvas (May 10th, 2016), and Blackboard (May 9th, 2016). Consider the use of google classroom and Moodle.
- Reconvene group to form a recommendation.
Begin the process of negotiating and moving forward either with Blackboard or another product (the hard stuff).