Allowing Guest Access in a course or organization site will allow un-enrolled users the ability to enter and read the information therein. Access is granted at the course/org level and at the menu item level.
How do I change the global access for guests or observers in my site?
If you want to allow/deny guest access to your course or organization, follow these instructions:
- Go under the Control Panel heading>Customization.
- Click the “Guest and Observer Access” button.
- Check the setting for “Guest Access” . To allow guests to access the site be sure the setting is set to “Yes” for Allow Guests.
- Click submit to change the preference.
How do I change guest access for main menu items (buttons/links on the left)?
Once you’ve allowed guests access to your site, you can allow or deny guest access to specific menu items. To do so, follow these instructions:
- To change guest access, go to the course or organization and click the double-down arrow to the right of the title of the menu item.
- From the menu that appears, you will see an option to Deny or Permit guests. This is a toggle switch between the two options.
- Click “Permit Guests ” to allow guest access.
- Click “Deny Guests” to restrict access to enrolled users in the site.
- To watch a video on controlling guest access, please click here.