To send email from within a course:
- Under the Control Panel heading click Course/Organization Tools.
- Under Course/Organization Tools select “Send Email”.
- Select to whom the email will be sent.
- Add a subject NOTE: The subject line will be suffixed with the sending course ID. There is no way to modify this, as it provides the recipient with an easy indication that it was sent from a particular course.
- Add the message.
- Upload attachments as needed.
- Click Submit to send.
Click here to watch a video about sending email.
Instructors cannot send email to users who are not enrolled in Blackboard. Emails are sent to the external email accounts listed in the personal information section for each user.