There are a variety of online tools and software available to help you with your teaching, research and scholarship. Some are purchased and installed by the College. Others are available as third party services.
Course Management System
- Blackboard — automated student email list; calendar; document storage/organization and distribution; collaborative assignment tool (blogs/wikis/discussion boards); journal tool; assignment hand-in and feedback tool; grade center …
- Additional tools integrated with Blackboard include:
- Storage and distribution channels for course media: Vimeo, Youtube, and Google Docs.
Tools independent of Blackboard
- Additional blogging tools: WordPress, Tumblr
- Smart classroom tool for looking up what equipment is available in a particular classroom, seating capacity and who is scheduled to teach in that room.
- Google Apps – Email, Docs, Calendar; Sites, Blogger …
- Placement Exams
- Survey tools
- Quantitative and Spatial Analysis software
- Classroom Response Systems
- Video conferencing tools (contact A/V for assistance x58757)
- Zoom(institutional support via A/V 58757)
- 3rd Party: AdobeConnect, GoMeeting, WebEx
Online training – 3 ways to access Lynda.com
- Permanent residents of Ohio
- Those who go to school in Ohio . ******
- Those who work on a permanent basis in Ohio
- Those who own property in Ohio
Other libraries in Ohio
Other tools you might consider
In most cases, OCTET will be able to help you or to direct you to where you can find some help. Feel free to call or email us.
Recent news related to ‘Software and Tools’